Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Big Day is finally Here!

015

6 A.M is waaaay too early to have to wake sleeping beauty…

020

Her first day of kindergarten and she wants to help make breakfast!!

Gram & Papa and Nana & Papa joined us bright and early for breakfast and a walk to the bus stop!!

 029 030

Are they not the cutest things you have ever seen!

032 

037 

Our family doesn’t believe in doing anything small and inconspicuous!! When one of us has a big day we all have a big day!!

039 043 045

Oh man.. here it comes, hold it together Mom…..

Kolby may not always act it but he really does love and protect his sisters.

047

One last wave before getting on the bus.. and this would be where mama lost it..I tried to hide behind Anthony so that she couldn’t see me from the bus window but as I later learned from her she could..

The morning went better than I expected. Lucia amazes me. Not one tear, no complaining, just excitement! All the kindergarteners got on the bus first so she had to get on without Kolby. Kolby told me that when he got on the bus she was a little bit teary eyed so he asked the bus driver if he could sit with her. After that she was fine. She even went to breakfast with one of her friends when she got to school!! She blows me away with her confidence.

After 6 long hours of clock watching Miss Fia, Nana, Papa  and I headed back to the bus stop. We were greeted by this beautiful smiling face getting off the bus!!!!!

 054

She loves it!!! She goes to school with not one complaint and comes home everyday with a smile and stories about her fun day. So far everyday has been more fun than the last. Last night she wanted to go up and read at 6:30 p.m. She climbed up on her bed, grabbed a pile of books and told me I didn’t need to read to her cuz she was going to look through the books and see how many times she can find the word “in”.. Three days of school and she is already trying to read!!

 056 058

Sofia & I got them a few surprises for surviving their first day back to school!! Kolby has a great teacher again this year. We have been so luck with all of our teachers so far!! Kolby wont admit it to freely but he really likes school. I think his teacher this year is a perfect match for his inquisitive nature!!! Hoprfully he will have another straight A year!!

I can’t give teachers enough credit. I don’t know if they realize it or not but what they do everyday for our kids is an amazing thing!! Especially because most are leaving their own family's for those long hours to help make our kids who they are.  So THANK YOU to all my teacher friends out there!! You ROCK!!

So I made it through having to let go a little. I didn’t like it and I’m still watching the clock all day counting down the hours but knowing that they both are happy makes it a lot easier for me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I am glad that you were able to hold it together for the big day!

And how wonderful that the WHOLE family comes together for special moments! Priceless! :)

Jenn said...

Congratulations Lucia on your move up to kindergarden!!
~and~
Kolby...what a handsome young man you have become! Great job taking care of your sister.
Here's wishing the two of you a wonderful year in school!
Miss you, Love you!!!
XOXOXO