Oh man. 18 days until Christmas, 8 more school days until vacation starts. Wow, this month is already flyin by. I would like it to slow down please. I love December. I think it is my favorite month of the year. The anticipation, the soul searching, the way the house looks all decorated, the excitement in the kids eyes, Christmas carols, hearing Sofia talk to baby Jesus, baking, the glow of the Christmas tree at night.
When Lucia and I were in the store buying our nativity scene there were two other ladies in line next to us. They were there to pick up 200 teddy bears that the store was donating to what ever charity they were from. As I was paying she was at the next cashier and she started to cry. She was thanking the cashier for all that they do for them. I had to hold the tears in. I was there looking for just the right nativity scene and these women were there getting teddy bears for kids that may only be getting those teddy bears this Christmas. For some reason the cash register was taking forever to process my card and I over heard the next lady in line say to the cashier " I guess God had other plans for me" the cashier said "oh ya and what was that" and the lady said "stage 3 breast cancer" The register printed out my receipt, Lucia and I walked out of the store with our new nativity scene, got in the car and I cried the whole way home while my little angel sat in the back seat and sang Christmas carols completely unaware of anything other than her joy.
This Christmas season I am thankful for everything that I have been blessed with. I am thankful for All of the comforts that make this month my favorite month.
No comments:
Post a Comment