Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What I remember


This is what Christmas is all about! I can't put in to words what the three of these amazing children fill my heart and soul with. God has blessed me more then I could have ever imagined by choosing me to be their mom. I don't always feel like I deserve what God has given me. I have really been doing some soul searching these past couple of weeks and I don't know for sure what it is I'm finding but I do know this, There is no amount of money or anything that could be bought that could make me any happier then Anthony, Kolby, Lucia & Sofia loving me.
I have been trying to decide what my greatest memory of Christmas is..What will my kids remember about Christmas? Why do we feel like we are letting our kids down if they don't have a ton of Christmas presents to open? I am finding myself struggling with these question lately. I can not tell you any toy that I ever got for Christmas that has stayed with me. This is what I do remember about my childhood Christmas's. Christmas music( Ann Murray of course) while baking cookies, a plastic Santa that lit up next to our tree, Grams (Pascucci) nativity scene with a folded paper towel over baby Jesus until Christmas morning, Christmas Eve at Aunt Carol & Uncle Jim's. Phil & I jumping on my parents bed so early Christmas morning because we couldn't go down stairs until the 4 of us went together. Breakfast at Gram Massino's house Christmas morning with everyone. Visiting at Aunt Tennie's house Christmas evening. Not how many presents I got or how much money anyone spent. My greatest childhood memory of Christmas...I guess I just answered it.
Love to all-
( I added some music so turn up your speaker!!)

2 comments:

DRae said...

Love the blog today!! You are so right! I don't remember toys or stuff. It's being with famiy and remembering the true meaning of Christmas...Jesus birth! It's a shame it gets so lost in the shuffle for most people. I love the fact that I'm not going crazy shopping this year, I have picked up things as I've seen them (lots from the dollaw section!) and they get what they get. It's so relaxing!!! Anyway, great thoughts! Love you!!!

DRae said...

oops, I meant dollar section...LOL