Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today's Goodness

Driving down the street with the windows open while the smell of fresh cut grass blows through.

The simplicity of blowing bubbles. A bottle of soap, a wand and some air from your lungs magically turn a small window of your afternoon into pure joy. One of my all time favorite things is when you get stuck in the middle of  simple kid fun and it just bubbles up inside of your heart until it overflows and turns you into a kid again.

041020

034 035 

Cuddling on the patio for story time which then turns into nap time out in the fresh air. 

063 064

067 071

Hanging the backpacks and school cloths up for Spring break!! Kids got off the bus and put on their bathing suits and we headed to the pool!!

Spending the evening with a family friend who flew in from Peru! Sharing stories of old memories and new things that have happened since the last time you have seen each other. Looking at pictures of life in Peru and sharing pictures of life here.  Seeing my kids light up when they get special gifts from another culture and listening to them talk about their lives with someone new!!

I struggled with the car thing today but I find that the calmer I stay about the whole thing the calmer it keeps her. I’m trying to find something to be grateful for in her struggle and in the process keeping my cool longer which helps her do the same.

I like to think that I’m a go with the flow kind of person, I want to release the oars and see where the stream takes me. I also know that it doesn’t take to much to turn my boat around and set me heading up stream. When plans change and our evening heads in a different direction than I had originally planned I sometimes let my frustration get the best of me. Today I was very aware of where my feelings where leading me and changed how I was reacting and the evening turned out to be a great one. I’m proud of myself for this week. Being aware of my feelings and changing the way I’m thinking when it doesn’t feel good helped me rain in my frustration at the point where it could have ruined my night.

This has been a very special week, not for one specific reason but because of a million little rays of sun that have poked through any bit of negativity that tried to set up shop in my day. Making a conscience effort to see all the goodness and beauty that is always right in front of me has changed everything about my days. Saying thank you for everything that I experience, good or bad has made it possible for me to end every day this week with a smiling heart. If feels good, it feels really good :)

Thankful In Everything

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

just checked out all your latest posts...you have a lot of happy little things to be thankful for! think it's cool when the girls like to bake/cook! ;-) enjoy the rest of your spring break.