I like to post all the beautiful photos of all the fun and happiness of our life, but the face in this photo is the raw truth..
My littlest little can be quite a challenge some days. Today was one of those days. She just wasn’t feelin it today. I get it, we all have those days. So as she refuses to get dressed because she just isn’t going to school today I tell her how beautiful she is when she is mad..which leads to her screaming “No I’m not” And as she is climbing into the car after school I ask her how her day was and she yells “don’t ask me that” I say I’m glad to hear you had fun..The car ride brings a whole other battle. She hates her car seat, no I take that back it’s not her seat its every seat, actually I think its the seat belt that she hates. She screams from the time you buckle her til the second you unbuckle her. The entire time…so I talk to her as she screams and I try to find a fun song to sing, or I just let her scream and let my mind find a happy place. Finding the good in our car rides is a challenge for me. There are times when I swear I can’t take it for one more second and then all of a sudden she grabs me and whispers into my ear “Mama, I love you and you are my best friend” and with that one sentence and her little smile I’m grateful for every single fiber of her being, the good, the bad, the cute and the ugly, the funny (and man is she funny) the sassy (she’s got that one cover pretty good too) I love who she is. I love who she makes me want to be. I love that she is my littlest little :)
Now head on over and see what Donna is grateful for today :)
Thank you for being YOU!
1 comment:
LOL!!! I LOVE the first picture especially!! That is so awesome!!! Great post and I understand your challenge of finding the good in those type of situations!!!
Post a Comment