I just finished a book that was about the power of Love and Gratitude. We are all meant to have an amazing life, but with out love and gratitude we can’t have that amazing life that is waiting for us. You get what you give and I want to teach my kids to love more and to give gratitude to every single thing that they experience good or bad. Every second of every day we have the power to choose our feelings. Every thing that happens to us gives us an opportunity to see it two ways, positive or negative, the choice is up to us. The good thing about us having that power is that no matter how many times we choose the negative in the next second we have another opportunity to choose the positive. I think that makes me pretty powerful :)
I went for a walk this morning with Noel and as we were walking down the sidewalk the sprinklers came on. Apparently the sprinklers thought that the sidewalks needed the water more than the grass because every one was pointed right at us.. I burst out laughing and started running while pulling Noel along as she was biting at the water spraying us. I wasn’t laughing because we were getting soaking wet, I was laughing out loud because not a half hour before I had a long heart to heart chat with my best friend and guess what I suggested that she do today….put on her rain boots and take her girls out to play and splash in the rain…funny how the universe works isn’t it. I guess I needed some of my own advise. I could have made the whole sprinkler thing a negative thing and gotten upset that the whole left side of my body was now soaked and that my recently bathed dog now was soaked and stinky, but that's no fun and “life is supposed to be fun” So I said a BIG thank you to those sprinklers and walked the rest of the way home with a smile and water dripping on my face!
I’m not trying to pretend my life is all rainbows & gumdrops, I struggle everyday with negativity but for today I’m choosing love, joy and happiness!
THANK YOU for stopping by :)
No comments:
Post a Comment