Friday, August 6, 2010

Kindergaten is taking my baby...

I really can't believe that I'm school shopping for Lucia to start Kindergarten.....I don't know where the last 5 years have done. I know in my heart that she is totally ready and prepared to start school. It's just that I don't want her to be..It is amazing how turning 5 means you are all grown up. Well not all grown up but you know what I mean. It's like over night she cares about what cloths she wears and every morning the first thing out of her mouth is " Mom is my hair a mess?" She wants to paint her toes to match her nails, she wishes she had straight hair like "Gaby" Sometimes I look at her and think who is this big girl and where did my Lule bean go??? Oh and how could I forget her biggest step up into big kid world. No more training wheels!!! She is still working on mastering 2 wheels but she will be there soon!! My "mama heart" that is sometimes sad about how fast these years are going by is comforted by the fact that even though she is turning into a little grown up she still has the most amazing heart of any person that I have ever known. I am so proud of her and who she is.
Even though I'm not ready she is and that is all that matters! She wants to ride the bus and do everything that Kolby does.
The next three weeks are going to fly by and that morning at the bus stop will be here all to soon. I know it doesn't sound like it but I am very excited for her to start the next chapter of her life. It will be a great adventure for her! I'll just have to hide my tears.

No comments: