Kolby stayed home from school yesterday. When he was getting ready for school he said that his ear popped and then it stared to hurt really bad. He was in tears so I knew it was really bothering him. We are still trying to get his health insurance figured out so as soon as that all gets worked out I plan on taking him to the ENT. Poor kid, he has always had such problems with his ears.
On a better note. He was feeling better in the afternoon so I told him he could play in his baseball game. I'm glad he was up to it because it was a GOOD game. They ended up tied with a team that has been playing together for three years ( the team that Kolby started out with this season. before he got traded) Kolby was on third base, he would have been the winning run. There were two outs and the batter struck out. I so wanted for him to be the winning run! But they played a very good game and Kolby made a great stop in center field! There is Hope yet! They just may end up being a pretty good team. Kolby is having fun and learning a lot so that's all that matters. Next game is Thursday night against the same team.
__________________________________________________________
I made homemade french fries for the kids today. They loved them! My grandfather used to make homemade french fries for us when we were kids and they were so Yummy! I'm glad that my kids enjoy them too! I know not the healthiest lunch for the kids but it was a fun little treat!
__________________________________________________________________
So I stared thinking about what I am going to give up for Lent this year. Being that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday I think I have to make a decision. I have recently noticed something about myself. I walk with my head down all the time and I never say Hi to the people who walk by me. I guess keeping my head down is my way of not making eye contact and then I feel like I don't have to acknowledge that person walking past me.
So.. I'm not sure if it counts as a sacrifice but I'm thinking that this Lent season I'm going to walk with my head up, smile and say Hello to every person that crosses my path. And since I'm not sure if that counts as giving something up I'm going to add another. I am going to keep my language in check in from of my children. I'm going to put out a swear jar and put 25 cents in every time I slip in front of the kiddos. By Easter Hopefully I will have tamed by mouth and the kids can used the money to take a family trip to miniature golf!
If you feel like sharing leave a comment and let me know what you are giving up this Lent season! I would love to hear from you all!
Love to all~
1 comment:
good ones! I have decided to give up complaining/gossiping/smack talking about things that really aren't that important. In other words, if it's not constructive or a helpful communication to someone, there's no point in me spreading negative energy. I usually have 1 or 2 other things but haven't really decided yet.
Hope all is well!
later dude.
Post a Comment