Thursday, November 6, 2008

Moving forward










So it's Thursday. I'm alittle behind... On Tuesday I got a call from Kolby's school that he had a fever and I had to come pick him up. So the girls and I headed to get him. Poor Kolby he was burning up. So he got in to his jammies and landed on the couch and that is were he has been for the past three days. He is finally feeling better today but still on the couch.




Yesterday he slept all day. I think the most he was up was 5 min. every couple hours to have some water and Tylenol. Tuesday night when his fever was the worst he woke up when Anthony & I were watching the election numbers come in (very disappointing to us, very exciting to others!) and he started crying and pointing at the TV saying the big people were coming to kill him. I couldn't calm him down and every time he looked at the TV he would say "Look mommy they are trying to get me" It freaked me out. But once his fever came down he was much better. Thank God.

So as for the election I am hopeful that the 44Th president of this country will be not what I think he is, but what the people who elected him think he is. I pray that GOD guides him to heal this nation and not turn its back on GOD more then it already has. I guess we will just have to wait and see where he takes us. I just have one more thing to say because this is my blog and I can........ I was absolutely amazed as I watched him win this election all the news broadcasters that we watch in this house could say was "we will have to wait and see who he really is because we really don't know" You just elected someone president and you really don't know who he is or what he will really do. So good luck with that one and I pray more now then ever that I'm wrong and those who believe that Obama is the change this country needs are right. I will be the first one to admit I was wrong if that day ever comes. But as for right now my faith is in GOD and that's about it.


I will say that Obama becoming the first African American president is a great accomplishment. This country has come along way and I am proud of that. I am proud that this has proven to the youth of this country that anything is possible with HARD WORK and EDUCATION and GOOD MORALS!

Now back to our life... Yesterday I had an amazing day with my kids! Which I needed. They brought me back down after this emotional election.


Miss Sofia is practicing new sounds and words! I love it when she goes on and on but she does not seem to want to be taped. Every time I get the camera out she stops so this is about all i could get!!!

We played with play dough!




We played with Tinker Toys and read book!




And we dressed up. Cinderella Lucia & Book head Sofia!!! Even thou Kolby was asleep on the couch I was a great feeling knowing he was snuggled up close to us! After dinner while Anthony was giving Sofia a bath Lucia helped me clean up and do the dishes!



She is such an amazing child! Her heart is so full of love. She kept checking on Kolby and getting him what he needed and every time she would walk away from him she would give him a squeeze! There is nothing better then to see your children taking care of each other!

Well hopefully now I can get back on schedule and keep this blog more up to date. I'm sure no one even noticed but I feel better when I can sit down at night and relive the good points of our life..Plus here I can leave out the not so good things and it make them feel not so real!!


Love to all-

1 comment:

DRae said...

I hear ya about not keeping up on the blogs! I was doing so good til you came up and we were so busy! And now with all the election stuff. I just haven't caught back up and gotten back into my nightly routine. Hopefully I can catch up over the weekend. And I couldn't agree more with your comments on the election! We will have to compete with being the first to admit we were wrong IF that is the case. I will be glad to do it if necessary! Anyways, you and I both know how we feel about all that. Love reading the blogs and keeping in touch with your life even though we are so many miles apart! Love you all!!! huggs and kisses to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!