Thursday, November 13, 2008

17 years ago!


It all started 17 years ago today! 11/13/91!! Anthony and I were on the phone watching Dogie Houser MD together and he said to me "Everyone keeps asking me if you are my girlfriend" and I said "So what do you tell them?" He said "What should I tell them" OF COURSE was my answer and it has been ever since!!! I jokingly said to Anthony this morning "If I knew 17 years ago what i know now........." But the truth is I wouldn't change one single thing. We may not have everything and we may not be perfect, but when I think about him and the love we share and have shared for the past 17 years my heart still skips a little in my chest and I still get that little gasp of air as I breath. As I put my kids to bed tonight I can't believe we have made it to this point in our lives together. There was a point (a very low point)in my life that I didn't think Anthony and I had any future together let alone this wonderful one that God has so blessed us with. My husband is my best friend! He knows everything there is to know about me. The good, the bad and the ugly and he still chooses to love me. I pray that each one of my children finds their other half to share their adult lives with the way that Anthony and I have.

Love to all-

2 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

Uncle Jim gave me this plaque for our anniversary. It says, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"

Love, Aunt Carol

TiNa said...

Congratulations on your 17 years!! The two of you have made it to a point that most people only dream of. You two are so good together and are truly meant to be. I wish you love and laughter for years to come!!!

xoxo,
tina