Monday, October 20, 2008

Much Better!!

I'm so glad that whatever funk I was in last week has ended! I'm definitely on the flip side of all that. How could I not be happy when this little face is always smiling at me!!! She is such a goof ball! I'm so lucky and blessed to have the most wonderful kids and husband in the world....I'm not sure but I think that this lift in spirits may have something to do with the fact that in 3 days I will have 4 days of girl time!! Which I don't think I've had in 8 1/2 years.....Not sure but i can't help but wonder???

This was the highlight of our day yesterday. The girls had a picnic (Very healthy as you can see) on the living room floor. I read Lucia about 10 books at bedtime and had to make up 2 stories after the books! When she was finally out I laid with Kolby and watched the first half of the Tampa Bay game. So I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough for blog time.







The weather is finally cooling down a bit here. When I say cooling down it was 83 today but there was a nice breeze and it wasn't humid. So the girls and I headed out to the playground just before lunch. Now that Sofia is walking she is taking full advantage of all the big kid things that a month ago all she could do was watch. After the play ground we had a few games of Hungry, Hungry Hippo. Until Sofia started to try and eat the balls.



Kolby had soccer practice tonight so that's were we spent the majority of our evening. It was a beautiful night and the girls had a ball playing in the "soft grass" at the field. My wonderful husband met us there with a coffee for me! At 7:45 we headed home to make dinner. I know ..I know wonderful for the kids to eat at 8:30 at night.. Oh well.. just because Lucia was falling asleep in her spinach and Kolby was crying that he couldn't wait any longer to eat...What wrong with that??? Maybe I should have made dinner before practice! Poor Sofia didn't even make it to dinner. She fell asleep in the car on the way home. She had pretzels for dinner...


My mother called me today to let me know that she talked to Phil today and very kindly told me how warm it is in Buffalo!!! I can't wait to get there!! Shannon tried to make me feel better by telling me how beautiful all the leaves are!! My Mom being the loving mother that she is told me she can just see me bitching all weekend! Well Mom.. I'm not going to say another word about the weather! I won't be able to because my lips will be frozen together!! I don't care how cold it is there( I'm lying right now) I'm just excited to get there and have a wonderful girls weekend!!!


Love to all-

1 comment:

DRae said...

Now now, no complaining this weekend! This is a long awaited chance we get. Somehow everytime we are together it is very hard to get "girl time". So, this is our chance. Perfect timing here, since Keith was gone the beginning of the week!! It will be so nice just to do whatever whenever without kids! We can walk around the mall and not have to worry about getting home or entertaing kids!! YAY!!! So what if we don't have money to spend. We can window shop, haha. Can't wait to see you!! Love you!