We had our first big baking day of the season this weekend! I’m not sure what I like the most about this time of year but our baking days are pretty close to the top! I love being in the kitchen with my kids. We don’t always end up with the prettiest of creations and the kitchen always ends up a ginormous mess but the joy and smiles on their faces is worth every second of moping that follows!
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti, Chai cookies & last but not least Acorn cookies.
My Aunt Evelyn used to make the most amazing Acorn cookies. I have been trying really hard to make them like hers but this is my second batch and I can’t seem to get it right.. I wish I would have asked her to teach me how to make them. If only my younger self would have known better and asked more I might have been a real kick ass baker. I wish that I could turn back time and make a point of asking every person that I now know will be gone to teach me their one magic thing that they will take with them. But I guess that is why its their magic thing cuz they take it with them!! Anyways Aunt Ev, I’ll keep tryin!!
The afternoon was going quite smoothly until someone let these guys into the kitchen….
(Lu’s face says it all!)
Next thing I know we end up with one giant Chai cookie..
and this mess..
Just like every other fun family yelling, bossing, mess cleaning, laughing, eating, drinking chaos of a day, We ended up with deliciousness!!!
Tis the Season!
No comments:
Post a Comment