is the kitchen. It’s where traditions are handed down and real… I mean REALLY REAL love is shared.
I can’t tell you how much I love these photos, I know they are just bad snapshots but seeing my girls learn how to roll a Gnocchi from my Mom turns these bad snapshots into perfect memories.
I am so thankful that my Mom is willing to have the patients with my little loves and teach them all these great family secrets. It takes a lot of self control to have a 5 & 3 year old in the kitchen with you, but she lets them do it and she shows them the right way (don’t get me wrong, there may have been a few moments that i had to step in and keep the peace) it’s always easier to tell them they can’t do it or that they did enough and it’s time for the grown ups to take over but just because it’s easier doesn’t mean it’s better. Watching them and seeing their faces when they were done, knowing how proud they are and that they now know how to do something that Gram usually does is what makes these photos magical! As they were rolling my mom said “ I wonder what my mom would say if she knew I could do this” and for a split second time kinda stood still for me and I thought , that is exactly why I love being in the kitchen with my mom & my kids, because I know that they know my mother & I both know that they can do it and I hope that is something that my kids will remember and carry with them forever.
And speaking of magical, Christmas Day when we get to enjoy these gnocchi that were made with so much love, now that will be magical!
My hope for all of you this Christmas is Joy. Find it, drink it all in, and then share it with your loves.
No comments:
Post a Comment