Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Ready!!

Back to school time is upon us. I know many think I’m crazy but this is my least favorite time of the year. 8 weeks of summer vacation sounds like more than enough time to do all the fun things you want to do with your kids. The truth is 8 weeks is not long enough. At least in my book. I had planned more days of sun kissed skin and sand covered bums at the beach. More weekend road trips to all the fun Florida stops we could find. I feel like I ran out of time! We only have 11 short days left before bedtimes, alarm clocks, homework, soccer, dancing, and 6 long hours a day without 2 of my little's.  21 more days until  Miss Fia starts school. 6 hours a week I will be completely kids free. Oh man, what will I do???

I remember the feeling of excitement/anxiety/anticipation of school starting when I was a kid. I am loving be on the other side now and watching how much fun the kids have school shopping and trying on their new stuff. Going thru all the new supplies and filling up their backpacks. Practicing with their new lunch boxes to see how much they can fit and how heavy it will be!  I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately. Sad that my role of Mama is going to be changing in some small ways this year but I have come to realize that I’m being selfish. This is a wonderful year for all three of my kids. Kolby will be the BIG man on campus this year. Lucia will be learning and growing in so many different ways. I can’t wait to watch her find her wings! Sofia is super excited about school. She is going 2 half days a week. They have gymnastics one day and art and music I can’t wait to hear the stories she comes home with!! Both girls are going to be taking Dance class this year and Kolby is on his first competitive traveling soccer league! So I decided that I’m going to put on my super excited, proud, supportive, fun rockstar mama glasses and see this year as the amazing adventure it is and not be sad that my kids are growing up too fast..I can’t wait to walk next to my loves this year in all their new and fun adventures!!!

I love how new things are exciting and scary at the same time. It always amazes me how kids seem to just do it. No matter what it is. They don’t over think everything or talk themselves out of all the fun and amazing things that we as adults don't let ourselves experience anymore. I want to be more like my kids!

Check out these new kicks!!!

004 005 

007009

No comments: