Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kolby’s Broken Wing

Yesterday Kolby finally got his cast. He is much more comfortable (well for now anyways) I’m sure by March 30th the coolness will have warn off and he will be ready to have it removed.

March 2010 031 

We also went down to the playground and he showed me how high he was on the slide when he fell. Almost 5 feet high.. He is so luck he didn’t get hurt any worst than he did.

So for the next 4 weeks this is how Kolby gets to take a bath..

March 2010 015

March 2010 033 March 2010 045 March 2010 043 March 2010 048 March 2010 040

We weren’t home 5 minutes before he got the sharpie out and was asking to have his cast signed. He told me I couldn’t write “Mommy loves you” on it. I don’t know why??? Instead I wrote Mom in a heart!! 3 o’clock sharp he was down at the bus stop waiting for his friends to get off the bus and sign away. I can’t wait to see what it looks like when he gets home from school today.

I am so thankful that everything went as smoothly as it did. He isn’t in any pain which is good and bad at the same time because he sometimes thinks he can run, jump & play like nothing is wrong. I asked the Dr. to make it very clear to him how important it is that he takes it easy for the next 4 weeks. He explained to him that if he did anything to reinjure his elbow while it is healing it will be be a much longer and harder road to recovery. So maybe coming from the Dr. instead of me will make a difference. (probably not)but its worth a try.

No comments: