One of my old Supercuts friends (Leslie) shared this Heart Pastry recipe with me yesterday!
~Whip 1 lb cottage cheese with 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Try to beat out most lumps. In other bowl cut 1 lb butter(slighty softened) into 4 cups flour- use fork to do this till it looks crumbly...
Blend flour mixture into cottage cheese mixture with a wooden spoon. Refridgerate for a few hours...Roll out dough on a foured surface so it about 1/4 inch thick,,,, cut out with a heart cookie cutter..Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 10-15 or until bottoms are lightly browned cool and frost........
Blend flour mixture into cottage cheese mixture with a wooden spoon. Refridgerate for a few hours...Roll out dough on a foured surface so it about 1/4 inch thick,,,, cut out with a heart cookie cutter..Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 10-15 or until bottoms are lightly browned cool and frost........
~FROSTING,,,,,, 1 1/2 cups conf. sugar,1 tsp softend butter, dash of vanilla extract or your choice and a few tsp of milk till the right consistency,,, you dont want it as thick as cake frosting.
(I had some left over frosting from the coffee sugar cookies so I just used that)
Lucia was more than happy to join me in the kitchen and give it a go! So, if the way Anthony has been eating them is any indication for how good they are I'm guessing this recipe is a keeper!!
I have to admit I had three before I went to bed last night & two this morning for breakfast! Thanks Leslie!!!





1 comment:
wow! haven't checked out your blog in awhile and have been meaning to. just wanted to say hi. and great pics! love the heart cookies!!! xo, lindsey
Post a Comment