Thursday, February 18, 2010

Free Therapy..

Who knew that throwing stuff out could be such good therapy!!

I am little by little trying to get rid of some of the clutter that comes with a family of 5..It always amazes me the amount of crap one can accumulate without even knowing it. Where does it all come from and why is it so hard to get rid of it..I would like to say that being a stay at home mom gives me all the time in the world to cook, clean, organize and be supper mom but it doesn’t seem to work out that way. Crap gets thrown and seems to stay where ever it lands until I walk by and pick it up. But not before being walked over (or on) a million times by the other 8 feet that also live in this house!! Some days I do little experiments, like I’ll put the laundry basket that needs to go upstairs right at the bottom of the stairs (literally in front of the first step you need to step on to go up) Can you guess where it is the next time I look??? I’ll give you a hint, it’s NOT upstairs and put away like I intended..It’s usually in the middle  of the dinning room floor, which doesn’t seem to bother anyone else but me cuz everyone continues to just walk around it or push it back in front of the stairs for the next person..Some times this will go on for days because now I’m mad that no one else cares about the basket and I refuse to carry it up..(petty I know..) And the real kicker comes when they start taking cloths out of the basket to wear, yet there it still sits in the dinning room. Am I alone on this one or are some of you mom’s laughing right now cuz you know all to well this story??!

We seem to have another “small” clutter issue in this house. Anyone who has ever walked into my house knows that I’m stretching  the word “small” a bit here. Our desk is the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. Once again I’m stretching the word “desk” because you might not realize that in fact it is a desk.  I’m not quite sure where it all comes from but some days as I sit at this desk I feel like the papers are trying to take me over. They are everywhere. When the piles get to high they migrate to the kitchen counter. Papers, envelopes, magazines, school papers, work papers, papers, papers, papers. It’s like a game we play, see how many different places we can put the piles. And you can’t throw any of them out cuz someone always need them. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but, if they were so important wouldn’t they be being used for something more important than driving me insane???

Aren’t you glad you stopped by today? Little did you know that YOU would be my free therapist today!!!

So what clutters you? Do share so I don’t feel so alone in my world of laundry & papers…

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I guess I will be the first to say that you hit the nail on the head with this one.

I think to myself sometimes and wonder what it would be like to be a stay at home mom. I'd love to be at home & take care of my family. I would have the cleanest house on the block and cook a wonderful, healthy meal EVERY night... Then I'm off for a week. Nothing goes as planned and I can't wait to go back to work. I always say that being a sahm is the hardest job in the world. God Belss You!!

Yes paper clutter is BIG in our house too! Ours usually starts on the counter. Then it will take over the table and buffet before I put it into a diaper box to go thru at a letter time. I'm now up to about 6 boxes that are scattered around the house just waiting for me to go thru!!

Makes me appreciate my mom. She was a sahm and made this tough job look easy!!!

Love you Lots!!!