Friday afternoon I got a phone call from Anthony asking if I would like to take a road trip..."Sure, we don't have anything going on this weekend. "Where we goin?" Destin. "oh how far is that?" only 8 1/2 hours......The original plan was that we would leave early Saturday morning. So I'm thinking , ok I'll get everything ready & packed Friday night. 3:00 friday afternoon Anthony gets home, Kolby gets off the bus and Anthony decides it's a better idea to leave now so the kids can sleep thru the night. So, after I run around packing cloths, food, games, movies, a trip to the oil change place, a trip to mom & dad's to pick up their GPS ( ours somehow Sofia got broken) we finally got on the interstate in Ft. Myers at 6:30 p.m. 3:30 a.m we pull into the hotel. The kids did great! Slept most of the time. Which means that they were wide awake and raring to go by 6:45 a.m. Needless to say Anthony & I were NOT....We drove so far that we where in a different time zone.. (which caused some confusion in the morning!!)
Anthony didn't have class until 3 so we took the kids a play ground and found a very cute village wharf.
After his class we took the kids back to the wharf and Kolby, Lucia & I went ice skating!!!
Anthony was scared didn't want to go skating and Miss Fia was very upset that she couldn't, they didn't have skated small enough for her. We had a ball!! I can't tell you how many time Lucia said "this is fun Mommy" By the time we left Kolby was soaking wet from all his wipe outs, actually he only had a few!
Sunday Anth was in class from 8-3. The weather wasn't very nice (tornado watch) so the kids & I had to come up with some indoor things to fill our day! We played games, we spent some time in the hotel game room, we had a scavenger hunt thru all 15 floors of the hotel, oh and we rode the elevator a MILLION times!
All in all we had a very nice family road trip!!
I posted all my picture from the weekend on my shutterfly web page if you feel like checking it out!!










1 comment:
jealous! Aaron used to live right by Destin (Navarre)...one of our favorite places ever! love the B&W pics of the kids...sounds like a lot of fun! hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment