So Saturday was the first day since Gram got here that my parents had off work. So the girls and I were up showered, dressed, out the door, and ringing the doorbell at Gram & Papa's by 8:30 a.m. We wanted to take full advantage of our day! First stop was Heavenly Biscuit for breakfast!Second stop was Manatee Park. When the Gulf water is 68 degrees or below the manatee come in in this canal that is across the street from the power plant because the water there is about 80 degrees.
Apparently our timing was off, last week there were over 400 manatee there! We saw 2....My kids, being my kids complained the whole time we were there. "it's to hot, this is boring, I want to go to the playground, I want an Icee, When are we leaving, I don't care about butterflies" There were clip boards for the kids to play bingo as they went through the park. They had to find things and cross them off to win. That lasted about two seconds. So our next trip to Manatee Park will be on a colder day and with out the kids!
Of course I have a funny story to go along with our trip to see the manatee's. We all pile into my dad's van (which is falling apart, and has no A/C) We put the address into the GPS and off we go! Well Miss GPS takes us to a trailer park! Only we can get lost with a GPS. Come to find out we had the wrong address.

I have to many cute pictures from our day so I'll make a slide show to share!
Love to all~




No comments:
Post a Comment