Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Fun!

So here is my first ever solo attempt at cut outs!! And if I do say so myself they turned out awesome!!
Bad part is they were so good that I have to make more because I don't have enough left for the cookie exchange and Lucia's school party!!Sofia also had her first solo attempt at cut outs! I can't tell you how hers turned out because they never made it into the oven! She ate all the dough!!Kolby had his last two soccer games on Saturday. They lost both games but Kolby had an awesome shot on goal. If the goalie would have tripped it would have been an awesome goal!!! Lucia and Gram had some arts & crafts time Saturday
afternoon!!!
Here we are at Sunday again. Kolby slept over his friends last night so it was just the girls and I this morning. We had a nice lazy Sunday morning in our jammies! We listened to Ann Murray Christmas songs (that's what the videos of Lucia singing are from) She learned those songs at school for her Christmas program that is going to be on Wed. I am already preparing myself cuz I know I'll be in tears when she's up there singing! We just got finished watching the Bills make a fool of themselves again. If you could have seen us all screaming at the TV like a bunch of idiots...This is what being a Buffalo fan makes you do...We have to be crazy!! Once we get our blood pressure back to a normal range we are heading to church for Kolby's religion class.
Love to all-

2 comments:

DRae said...

That's funny cause I made my first attempt at cut outs too! We did ours yesterday...well, started them. We have some dough left in the fridge to finish another night. I used Gail's recipe, which is my favorite. They actually turned out really good too! It gets a bit tedious to sit and frost them all!! But, I gotta say, they are delicious! Glad yours turned out good too!! I gotta catch up again on my blog!!

Shannon said...

i love the shapes of your cookie cutters...they are adorable! and i am shocked that this is the first time you have ever made cutouts yourself! oh but the memories we share of making christmas cookies together, phil's first christmas with ann, i really dont think she was to happy to see me there making cookies with her future inlaws! but oh well, look whos still in the family! ;-) good job though, they look super cute, cant wait to see them frosted! oh and i also had to make a second round of a double batch of cutouts. ours were also disappering quickly!