Well today is a very emotional day for me. This morning was the last time I nursed My little Miss Fia. She went on with her day. Gram's house for the morning while Lucia was in school and I went to work with Anthony. Lucia had her first lunch Bunch at school. She can stay an extra 2 hours on Tuesdays if she wants and have lunch with her friends. Then we had to meet Gram at the park and pick up Sofia. Then it was on to Kolby's school to pick him up. Next stop, Lucia's first dance class. Which I was not prepared for. Lucia had on shorts, a t-shirt and socks while all the other little girls had their tights and pink leotards. Tap shoes and ballet slippers... Are you kidding me!! Like I don't know what you need for dance class. I only did it myself for how long??? Thank God it didn't bother Lucia she went right in and started dancing. The teacher let her barrow some tap shoes which she later told me she felt like she was going to "fall off those big shoes." For those of you who don't know Lucia has some issues with shoes. She doesn't wear them if she doesn't have to. The second she gets in the car after school the sneakers and socks come off. On her first day of school when I picked her up she told Anthony and I that her teacher was stupid cuz she wouldn't let her take off her shoes! So I guess we will have to see if she wants to go back next week. Kolby starts his art class tomorrow so lets see what fun that brings!
So when bedtime came around tonight there were no major issues. Which any other night I would have been thrilled about but not tonight. I wanted Sofia to need me and she didn't. She was very content with having apple juice in a sippy cup and her binky.. So now it's 11:30 and everyone is snuggled in their beds and that peace that I usually feel isn't there. I know what your thinking.. Boo-hoo poor me, but it really is hard.
So I'm not going to be sad and I am going to celebrate the fact that I have been very blessed to be able to have nursed all three of my children.
Love to all-
1 comment:
Awe, I wanna cyr for you! But like you said, be glad! All good things must come to an end and at least we can be glad our kids can grow up and not "need" us (we know they always will in a sense). I can't imagine how parents do it that know their kids will have to depend on them for the rest of their lives just to survive day to day! That takes special people, that's for sure! So, like you said, be thankful, first that you could nurse them, and second that she can become independent in a sense. Those milestones are hard for mom's though and esp with the "baby" of the family! I know I'm not as anctious for Brylee to hit the next stage as I was with Brynn. I just kept wanting Brynn to be older and "easier". Haha, that's a joke. Anyway, hang in there! Love you!
Post a Comment